Careers & Internships
Kaulkin Ginsberg Company (Kaulkin Ginsberg) is an industry-leading strategic consulting and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advisory firm. Its clients are predominantly middle-market companies in the outsourced business services (OBS) sector and buyers of these businesses. For more than 25 years, Kaulkin Ginsberg assisted its clients with the development and implementation of strategic growth initiatives and exit strategies. Kaulkin Ginsberg is a small firm that continues to maintain a high-energy, entrepreneurial atmosphere.
Kaulkin Ginsberg seeks motivated, dependable, and independent students to work as interns with its close-knit team. This is an unpaid internship; however, interns in the past have received college credit for their work. This internship provides accepted applicants with the opportunity to develop their research, analytical, and writing skills, among other things, in a professional setting. Kaulkin Ginsberg adjusts projects and responsibilities to the intern’s strengths but will expose them to its primary services and operations.
- Finance and M&A Assistance
- Analyze corporate financial statements
- Develop client market research reports
- Prepare industry benchmark analyses
- Contribute to enterprise business valuations
- Assist with the design of client information memoranda for sell-side engagements
- Support the collection and creation of buy-side client research and marketing materials
- Market Research
- Research, collect, and analyze macroeconomic and industry-specific data
- Assist in the modeling and forecasting of key market drivers and variables
- Compose research reports, articles, and blogs, utilizing data and findings to concisely convey information
- Cultivate target lists for marketing initiatives, managing contact information and updating data
- Majoring in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or another relevant major
- Excellent quantitative, research, and analytical skills
- Database and Microsoft Office proficiency (particularly Excel)
- Exceptional writing, communication, and organizational skills, including the ability to creatively explain and discuss complex concepts
- Proactive collaborator and diligent
- Ability to work independently and follow directions
- Desire to work within a small company environment
- Experience using a contact database, such as Goldmine, ACT, Salesforce.com or SalesLogix (preferred)
Duration & On-site Hours:
Every internship iteration is different, but we usually offer three internship opportunities each year, which we loosely outlined below. Kaulkin Ginsberg prefers interns to work on-site; however, we may make certain exceptions depending on a candidate’s specific situation and limitations.
Full-time (32 – 40 hours on-site per week):
- Summer: June – August
Part-time (10 – 20 hours on-site per week):
- Spring: February – April
- Fall: September – December
How to Apply:
Prospective candidates should email a copy of their resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Internship – Your Name”. Other applications materials, such as cover letters explaining availability and interest, transcripts, or work samples, are more than welcomed but not required.
Kaulkin Ginsberg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to the volume of applications Kaulkin Ginsberg receives, only applicants chosen to move forward in the internship process will receive a response. Nonetheless, Kaulkin Ginsberg would like to thank you for applying and wish you the best.