Careers & Internships
Kaulkin Ginsberg Company (Kaulkin Ginsberg) is an industry-leading strategic consulting and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advisory firm. Its clients are predominantly middle-market companies in the outsourced business services (OBS) sector and buyers of these businesses. For more than 25 years, Kaulkin Ginsberg assisted its clients with the development and implementation of strategic growth initiatives and exit strategies. Kaulkin Ginsberg is a small firm that continues to maintain a high-energy, entrepreneurial atmosphere.
Applied Market Research Interns
Kaulkin Ginsberg Company is an industry-leading strategic consulting and M&A advisory firm. Our clients are predominantly middle-market companies in the outsourced business services (OBS) sector and buyers of these businesses. For more than 25 years, we have assisted our clients with the development and implementation of strategic growth initiatives and exit strategies. We are a small firm that continues to maintain a high-energy, entrepreneurial atmosphere.
We are seeking motivated, dependable, and independent undergraduate sophomores, juniors, and seniors to work as interns with our close-knit team. This is an unpaid internship. In the past, interns have received college credit for their work at Kaulkin Ginsberg, as well as professional references and letters of recommendation.
Responsibilities will primarily consist of performing market research into certain segments of the OBS sector. The scope of tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Collecting and analyzing economic and industry-specific data.
- Identifying and interpreting relevant and timely qualitative trends.
- Creating graphs to effectively display pertinent data, accompanied by concise highlights of key takeaways.
- Composing research reports and blogs, to reveal findings and information from examined data and trends.
Throughout the program, interns will have the opportunity to develop their abilities regarding research, specifically as they relate to general economic analysis, data manipulation in Excel, writing, and other skills that will be applicable to future professional endeavors even for those whose academic focus is not Economics.
In addition, successful Finance-focused applicants will have the opportunity to sharpen their financial analysis and modeling skills through a combination of virtual training, practice exercises, and professional guidance. However, the priority is market research.
- Majoring in Economics, Business, Finance, Accounting, Government & Politics, History or another relevant major.
- Excellent quantitative reasoning, research, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional writing, communication, and organizational skills, including the ability to creatively explain and discuss complex concepts.
- Proactive team player.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and follow directions.
- Desire to work within a small company environment.
- Database and Microsoft Office proficiency (particularly Excel).
10 Weeks – June 1 to August 7 (Application deadline: May 1).
Please note that these dates may be adjusted due to ongoing concerns regarding COVID-19.
Interns should expect to be 40 hours per week (inclusive of daily one-hour lunch break) for the duration of their internship. Interns will work remotely, using their laptops or personal computers to complete projects and communicate with supervisors. Regular virtual meetings will be scheduled to ensure progress and accountability.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume, a cover letter explaining availability and interest, and a copy of their transcript to email@example.com with the subject line “Market Research Internship – Your Name”.
Kaulkin Ginsberg is an Equal Opportunity Employer and would like to thank you for applying.