Kaulkin Ginsberg Company is an industry-leading strategic consulting and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) advisory firm. Our clients are predominantly middle-market companies in the outsourced business services sector and buyers of these businesses. For more than 25 years, we have assisted our clients with the development and implementation of strategic growth initiatives and exit strategies. We are a small firm that continues to maintain a high-energy, entrepreneurial atmosphere.
We are seeking motivated, dependable, and independent undergraduate sophomores, juniors, and seniors to work as interns with our close-knit team. This is an unpaid internship; however, interns in the past have received college credit for their work at Kaulkin Ginsberg.
Responsibilities may fall into one or more of the following categories depending on the intern’s academic focus and interests:
- Analyze corporate financial statements
- Develop client market research reports
- Prepare industry benchmark analyses
- Contribute to enterprise business valuations
- Assist with design of client information memoranda for sell-side engagements
- Support the collection and creation of buy-side client research and marketing materials
- Research, collect, and analyze macroeconomic and industry-specific data
- Assist in modeling and forecasting of data
- Apply statistical analysis techniques, such as regression analyses
- Compose research reports, using data and findings to concisely convey information
- Write timely blogs explaining research findings
- Cultivate target lists for marketing initiatives
- Manage contact lists and update data
This internship provides accepted applicants with the opportunity to develop their research, analytical, and writing skills, among other things, in a professional setting.
- Majoring in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or another relevant major
- Excellent quantitative, research, and analytical skills
- Database and Microsoft Office proficiency (particularly Excel)
- Exceptional writing, communication, and organizational skills, including the ability to creatively explain and discuss complex concepts
- Proactive team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and follow directions
- Desire to work within a small company environment
- Experience using a contact database, such as Goldmine, ACT, Salesforce.com or SalesLogix (preferred but not required)
Spring: Early February – Late April (Application deadline: December 15)
Summer: Early June – Mid August (Application deadline: April 15)
Fall: Early September – Mid December (Application deadline: July 15)
Part-Time/Full-time Internship On-Site Hours:
Part-time interns should expect to work on-site between 10 to 20 hours per week for the duration of their internship.
Full-time interns should expect to be on-site 40 hours per week (7 working hours plus a 1 hour lunch break each day) for the duration of their internship.
270 Corporate Center, Century Boulevard, Germantown, MD 20874
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume and cover letter explaining availability and interest to email@example.com with the subject line “Internship – Your Name”. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Kaulkin Ginsberg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kaulkin Ginsberg would like to thank you for applying. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only qualified applicants will receive a response.
The American Health Care Act: Potential Effects on ARM
March 20, 2017
Seven years after former President Barack Obama signed his signature bill, The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), there may actually be a repeal and replacement bill, hopefully fixing some of the problems incurred through the ACA. However, It's not clear whether this new bill will correct all of the problems associated with the ACA without creating a few new problems of its own. ....» see this post » all posts
Semiannual Employment Outlook for Q4 2016: Continued Optimism
March 17, 2017
Kaulkin Ginsberg's market intelligence team is optimistic about the current U.S. employment environment, specifically as it relates to the ARM industry. Overall, we believe the data suggests a significant increases in consumer spending will take place that will eventually drive debt accumulation throughout the economy, and thereby increasing revenue potential for the ARM industry.....» see this post » all posts
Will a Reduction in the Fed's Mortgage-Bond Holdings Impact Enterprise Business Valuations?
March 8, 2017
Since the Great Recession, key interest rates have been artificially low due to the Fed's QE plan, but as the Fed begins to sell MBS on the open market and decreases the size of its balance sheet, interest rates are expected to increase above and beyond changes in the federal funds rate. Without a doubt, this will have a significant impact on the U.S. economy, the ARM industry, and enterprise business valuations in 2017 and beyond.....» see this post » all posts
ACA of Texas Publishes "Three Critical Healthcare Industry Trends for Outsourced Business Services" in its Winter 2017 Magazine
March 16, 2017
The ACA of Texas Publishes "Three Critical Healthcare Industry Trends for Outsourced Business Services" by Kaulkin Ginsberg in its Winter 2017 Magazine. Kaulkin Ginsberg details its belief that the growth in patient lending and financing programs, clinical integration networks, and physician quality reporting systems for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) could have profound effects on companies focused on servicing healthcare providers in 2017 and beyond.....
ACA of Texas Publishes "M&A Trends in the U.S. ARM Industry" in its Winter 2017 Magazine
March 15, 2017
The ACA of Texas Publishe "M&A Trends in the U.S. ARM Industry" an article by Kaulkin Ginsberg in its Winter 2017 Magazine. This article examines the key trends and developments driving M&A activity in the U.S. ARM industry by market segment.....
Mike Ginsberg Leading Panel Discussion at DBA International 20th Anniversary Conference
February 1, 2017
Mike Ginsberg, President and CEO of Kaulkin Ginsberg, will be speaking in a panel discussion on Trends in Debt Buying on Wednesday, February 8th at the DBA International 20th Anniversary Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada....